Delicious Edamame Lettuce Wrap Burgers with Peanut Sauce. A flavorful, easy, and healthy baked veggie burger recipe made with edamame, brown rice, curry powder, and peanut butter. Vegan and gluten-free.
Table of Contents
Delicious Edamame Lettuce Wrap Burgers with Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 3 tbsp lime juice, divided
- 2 tsp chile-garlic sauce, divided
- 1½ cups of frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup peanut butter powder (see Tip) or 1/4 cup natural peanut butter, divided
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 3 tbsp peanut oil, divided
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari, divided
- 4 leaves Bibb lettuce
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- salt to taste
- Toss carrots with 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce. Set aside.
- Combine edamame, rice, 1/4 cup peanut butter powder (or 2 tablespoons peanut butter), scallions, curry paste and 1 tablespoon of each oil and tamari in a food processor.
- Pulse, scraping down the sides as needed, until coarsely chopped. Shape the mixture into four 4-inch-wide burgers.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the burgers and cook, turning once, until well browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter powder (or 2 tablespoons peanut butter), 1 tablespoon each lime juice and tamari and 1 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drain the carrots and add the marinade to the peanut sauce; whisk to combine.
- Serve the burgers in lettuce leaves with the carrots, the sauce and onion.
Recipe adapted from Eating Well.