Not only is this vegan lasagna dairy-free, but it is also super easy! It freezes brilliantly and makes the perfect vegan comfort food.
BEST VEGAN LASAGNA WITH VEGGIE SAUCE
- 1 package (20 oz.) cubed butternut squash, roasted until tender (about 4 cups)
- 1 1 can (15 oz.) low-sodium chick peas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Vegan Dressing and Spread
- ½ cup nutritional yeast seasoning
- 1 container (14 oz.) extra firm tofu, weighted down with heavy bowl to drain 20 minutes, then crumbled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 (10 oz.) packages baby portobello or crimini mushrooms, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups jarred vegan pasta sauce
- 12 vegan, gluten free no boil lasagna noodles
- Heat oven to 400°. Mash squash and chick peas in large bowl. Stir in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing and Sandwich Spread, nutritional yeast, then tofu. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms and onions for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach and garlic; cook 2 minutes then stir in pasta sauce. Remove from heat.
- Spread 1 cup sauce mixture in bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish then top with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles. Spread with 2 cups tofu mixture; repeat layers 2 more times. Top with remaining 3 noodles, then remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake an additional 15 minutes, until lasagna noodles are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.