Vegan Pomegranate Pineapple Breakfast Rice Pudding. Find yourself with a large amount of cooked rice but prefer not to eat fried rice again? If you want your breakfast to be filling and healthy then this recipe is from the No-Waste Save-the-Planet Vegan Cookbook is a good option that is also pretty quick to prepare.
Table of Contents
Vegan Pomegranate Pineapple Breakfast Rice Pudding
What you need:
- 1½ cups of cooked jasmine rice
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk (13.5 ounces)
- 2 tbsp of agave, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups of chopped peeled strawberries
- ⅓ cup of pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp of pomegranate molasses
- 2 cups of chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp of ground ginger
- ⅓ cup of diced crystallized ginger for garnish
- ⅓ cup of toasted coconut flakes for garnish
What you are doing:
- Combine rice, coconut milk, 1 tablespoon agave, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Cover the pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until creamy and thickened.
- In a medium bowl, add the strawberries and pomegranate seeds. Pour molasses on top and gently fold them to combine. Put aside.
- In another medium bowl, mix the pineapple, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon agave, turmeric, and ground ginger. To combine, fold carefully and set aside.
- Divide rice pudding into three bowls. Top with equal parts fruit mixture, crystallized ginger, coconut flakes.
- Ready to serve.
Photo credit: Celine Steen