Vegan broccoli curry with red lentils and coconut milk. Simple and delicious.With lots of vegetables and no meat. The curry is quick to make, healthy and delicious to serve for lunch or dinner.
Vegan broccoli curry with red lentils and coconut milk
Vegan broccoli curry with red lentils and coconut milk. Simple and delicious.With lots of vegetables and no meat.
Servings 3 people
- 350 g Potatoes (peeled and weighed)
- 400 g Broccoli (frozen or fresh)
- 1 Onion (approx. 100 g onion cubes)
- 2-3 tbsp Oil (e.g. frying oil or coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- ½-1 tbsp red curry paste (depending on the spiciness of the curry paste)
- 250 g Coconut milk (From the can or the tetrapack)
- 150 g water
- 75 g Red Lentils
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut into small cubes. You need about 350 g of diced potatoes
- If you use fresh broccoli (instead of frozen broccoli):Cut off the stalk. Divide the broccoli into small florets.You will need about 400 g of broccoli florets. Frozen broccoli works great too.
- Peel the onion and cut into fine cubes. You need about 100 g onion cubes
- Squeeze the lemon.You will need 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. (You can also use pre-purchased lemon juice.)
- Heat 2 - 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan. (e.g. frying oil or coconut oil)
- Fry the diced potatoes and onions for 12 minutes
- Add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and half to 1 tablespoon of red curry paste.
- Fry briefly for 1 minute.
- Add to the pan:250 g coconut milk (250 ml)150 g of water75 g red lentils (raw, uncooked)
- Bring to a boil.
- Then turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.(With lid. Stir every now and then.)
- Now add the 400 g broccoli florets.If you are using frozen broccoli: Add frozen.
- Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes. (With lid. Stir every now and then.)
- Add:1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder2 tablespoons of lemon juiceSeason to taste with pepper and salt.