Share a bowl of this Delicious potato lentil soup with friends and family. Hearty, filling, and oh so good for your body and soul.
- 1 & 1/2 cups brown lentils
- 1 & 1/2 cup Roma Tomatoes diced
- 1 medium Idaho potatoes diced
- 1 cup sweet onions diced
- 2 cloves Of garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp crushed ginger
- 4 cups of water
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp Garam masala
- 1 Tbsp Curry
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp Smoke paprika
- 3 Star anise
- 6 cloves
- salt to taste
- 1 Cup Chopped Kale ((Optional))
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add in all powdered spices, reduce heat to low, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, garlic, and ginger. Cook for a minute, add a cup of water cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add diced potatoes, lentils, and remaining water. Season with salt, cover, and let simmer for 35 minutes until lentil is tender. Roast star anise and cloves in the oven on broil for about 2 minutes until they just start to smoke. Add them in 25 minutes into simmering.
- Add chopped kale, cook for another 5 minutes. (Add more water if too thick ) Adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve with naan, chapati, or cornbread.