‘Sausage’ rolls. Ideal for kids’ parties, a quick lunch, or even a comforting dinner when served with mashed potato and loads of veggies. Makes approx 24.
- 1lb (454g) pkt frozen vegan puff pastry
- 1 1/3 cups (10 oz / 300g) vegan meat-free sausage mix
- Cold water to mix
- Soya milk to glaze & seal pastry
- Thaw the pastry and cut into two pieces. Roll out both pieces into long oblong shapes approximately 45 cm long and 11cm wide. Set aside.
- Make up the sausage mix following the instructions on the packet and divide into two halves.
- Roll out into a long sausage shape to match the length of the pastry. Lay the sausage mix on the pastry. Score the edges of the pastry with a fork and brush with a little soya milk. Bring the pastry over the sausage mix and seal with a fork.
- Cut the large roll into smaller ones about 4cm wide. Make two small cuts on the top of the rolls with a knife and brush over with soya milk.
- Lay on a greased baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes at 190C/375F/gas mark 6.