Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Easy to make but with a WOW presentation! It’s tasty, very special and very quick and easy to prepare.
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine (nuttelex)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- A handful of sultanas
- 6 glace red cherries
- 1 can sliced pineapple rings
- 1 box vegan cake mix (vanilla flavor)
- Egg replacer
- Juice from the can of pineapple rings
- Start with a medium-sized cast iron fry pan (or a frying pan that is ovenproof) then melt the margarine and add brown sugar until it has dissolved and covers the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and immediately place drained pineapple rings in the bottom of the pan (one in the middle, others all around this one). Then pop a red glace cherry in the middle of each pineapple ring and sprinkle sultanas around the rings, set aside.
- Mix cake mix according to package instructions except using the pineapple juice instead of water, and egg replacer instead of eggs.
- Pour the cake batter over the prepared topping (bottom!) and bake until cake springs back to a touch.
- Remove from oven and flip cake over and onto serving plate immediately – being careful to use both hands evenly. If some of the pineapple toppings stay in the pan, just remove and place gently into position on top of the cake.
- Let cool slightly and serve with vegan cream or vanilla vegan ice cream.