This healthy jackfruit goulash is one of my preferred vegan plans. It is like the customary Hungarian Goulash. Cooking it long and the flavoring makes the jackfruit goulash flavourful and delicate.
It isn’t just an ideal dish in the event that you need to intrigue your visitors for supper yet in addition acclaimed for a comfortable end of the week supper with loved ones. Serving the Jackfruit goulash with stuffed natively constructed potato dumplings and red cabbage.
I generally needed to cook this dish for a very long time. Today I at long last had the opportunity to attempt it. Rather than meat, I utilized jackfruit. The remainder of the formula is the way I made hamburger goulash in those days when I ate meat.
I personally like the jackfruit as a meat best alternative in light of its surface. The taste is very impartial in the event that you make a point to flush the jackfruit completely. In any case an excess of saline solution will get into your dish. To flush it great, I destroy it with my fingers and afterward wash it with cold water.
Also Try: Epic Vegetarian Tacos Recipe
Make a point to get the youthful, green jackfruit. This is the unripe natural product, that has the extraordinary surface and unbiased taste.
Table of Contents
Vegan Jackfruit Goulash
Vegetarian Jackfruit Goulash
- 2 Cans Jackfruit in Brine, Drained & Rinsed
- 3 Cups Onions, Finely Chopped
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 - 1/2 Cups Dry Red Wine
- 1 - 1/2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Sea Salt (As per the Taste)
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tbsp Caraway Seeds, Ground
- 1/2 tbsp Pepper
- 1/4 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Potato Starch
- 3 tbsp Water
Potato Dumpling Filing
- 4 Slices White Bread
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Pounds Potatoes, Peeled & Cut
- 2 tbsp Sea Salt For Water Cooking
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 - 1/2 tbsp Sea Salt for the Dough
- 1 - 1/2 tbsp Potato Starch
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Jar Organic Red Cabbage (16oz)
- 1 Apple, Peeled and Sliced
- 1 bay Leaf
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1/4 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Pinch Cinnamon
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit.
- Use a paper towel to dry the jackfruit pieces.
- Cut the pieces into bite-size chunks.
- Transfer olive oil and jackfruit to a pot and brown on medium heat for 5-8 minutes until the pieces get a light crust.
- Add onions and sautée until translucent.
- Add the seasoning, tomato paste and maple syrup.
- Deglaze with red wine and add water.
- Cook on low medium heat for at least 1½ hours and allow the flavours to develop.
- In a small container mix cold water and potato starch until completely resolved.
- Stir the starch water mixture into the goulash to thicken the sauce.
Potato Dumpling Filling
- Cut the bread into small cubes.
- Add butter to a pan and melt on medium heat.
- Add the bread cubes and toast until golden brown.
- Set aside.
- Peel potatoes, wash and cut into large chunks.
- Cook the potato chunks for 15 minutes in saltwater until soft but not too mushy.
- Drain the potatoes and let cool so that you are able to touch them without burning yourself.
- With the help of a potato ricer press the potatoes into a bowl.
- Add salt, butter, potato starch and flour.
- Knead until everything is incorporated and the dough sticks together.
- Take a piece of the dough and form a ball by rolling it between your palms.
- With your thumb make a hole into the ball center.
- Make the hole big enough to fit in 3-5 toasted bread cubes.
- Seal the dumpling properly. This is an important step which prevents the dumplings from falling apart while simmering.
- In a large pot bring saltwater to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat.
- With help of a skimmer carefully add the potato dumplings.
- Make sure to just simmer the dumplings, otherwise, they will fall apart.
- The potato dumplings are ready if they float back to the surface. This process should not take longer than 3-5 minutes.
- Immediately remove the dumplings using the skimmer and make sure to get rid of all liquid.
- Transfer dumplings to a serving plate and keep warm in the oven at lowest temperature.
- Add the red cabbage including the liquid into a pot
- Season with bay leaf, salt, pepper and cinnamon
- Add the apple slices and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes