This lively and fresh Thai grapefruit salad and cashews make a beautiful and delicious addition to your table. A great Thai salad hits you different angles. One moment it’s sweet, the next hot, crunchy then sour, and you feel it not only on your tongue but in your head and stomach, and the best even travels to the tips of your fingers.
The salad is somewhere between the classic Thai som tam, and the lesser-known citrus salad yum som-o, made with pomelos. Be sure to dress it just before serving, as the longer it sits, the more juice the grapefruit will release, and the less potent it will be.
Table of Contents
Grapefruit Salad Recipe:
Grapefruit Salad And Cashews
- Pink or Red Grapefruit
- 4 tbsp Line Juice (From 3 Limes)
- 1/4 Small red cabbage (200g), finely shredded
- 2 Medium carrots (200g), peeled and julienned
- 1/2 Iceberg lettuce (200g), finely shredded
- 25 g Fresh Thai basil leaves picked and torn
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 Clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 Bird’s-eye chilies, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Sugar (For Taste)
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 50 g Unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
- 30 g Crispy fried onions (shop-bought)
- Place the grapefruit on the chopping board and cut a third off the end. Squeeze the juice of this third into a small bowl to get around 4 tablespoons of juice. Add the lime juice and keep to one side.
- Peel the other two-third of the grapefruit, cut s the flesh into segments, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, lettuce, and all but a handful of the basil leaves and mix. Mix it again after adding the salk into it and set set aside while you make the dressing.
- Pound the garlic, chilies, and sugar into a paste using a pestle and mortar. Add the soy sauce and muddle, then add the grapefruit and lime juice and mix again.
- Tip: If your pestle and motor is large enough, add the oil and mix. If not, decant the dressing to a bowl, then add oil and whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, mix well, then tip on to a platter or into a salad bowl.
- Finally, top with the remaining basil leaves, the chopped cashews, and the crispy fried onions, and serve immediately.
Also Try: Candy Corn Recipe with Ingredients
Please Don’t forgot to leave a comment down below after giving a try to this Delicious Thai Grapefruit Salad and Cashews.