Crunchy Vegetable Dal Sattu Croquettes Recipes: Perfect snacks to go with your evening cup of piping hot tea, these lentil croquettes are easy and quick to prepare with just a few ingredients.
- Recipe Servings: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Cook Time:
- Difficulty Level: Medium
Ingredients Of Crunchy Vegetable Dal Sattu Croquettes
- 1 Cup red lentils or masoor dal (half-boiled)
- 1 potato (grated), boiled
- 1 carrot, grated
- 100 gms French beans, finely chopped
- 2 Bread slices
- 4 tbsp ground chickpea flour (sattu)
- 4 Green chilies, finely chopped
- 1-inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 garlic (minced)
- to taste salt
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp besan
- Bread crumbs for crunchiness
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Refined oil (for frying)
How to Make Crunchy Vegetable Dal Sattu Croquettes
- 1. Boil lentils in pressure cooker for just about 1 pressure. Open lid after sometime and strain the extra liquid.
- 2. Mash dal and set aside. Boil 1 potato and grate it. Grate 1 carrot and add finely chopped French green beans.
- 3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok and add the minced garlic and ginger. Lightly fry and add chopped onion. Then add grated potato and carrot.
- 4. Add slightly wet and mashed bread, chickpea flour, salt, sugar to taste, green chilies, red chili powder, and lastly add the mashed dal. Toss till the mixture is fully dry.
- 5. Sprinkle chat masala, garam masala, and chopped coriander.
- 6. Make balls out of the dal mixture and dip in cornflour and besan.
- 7. Crispy fry and serve with any kind of dip.
- 8. Alternately these croquettes can be made round like balls and shallow fried with 2 tablespoons of oil.