Baked Coconut Turmeric Chickpea Rice
Baked coconut turmeric chickpea rice. This savory flavor-packed dish is the perfect party food. Be ready to share the love during your next potluck.
- 3 cups parboiled basmati rice
- 2 cups chickpeas ((after overnight soak of dehydrated chickpeas for about 10 hours))
- 1 13.5 oz Thai coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1-2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1-2 tsp vegetable bouillon
- 4 cups vegetable broth ((1 box))
- 3 bay leaves
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil and sauté onions for 5 minutes. Add in chickpeas, garlic and cook for another 5 minutes
- Then add turmeric, stir well and cook for a minute or so. Shake and pour can of coconut milk in the pot. Stir well and gently simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add rice, salt, bouillon, broth, black pepper, spring onions . Stir well. Cover and bake at 400 for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven , let sit for 5 minutes , fluff and enjoy.